This past week
Last weekend I accompanied Monisha on the Silver Meteor from Orlando to Savannah, where I shadowed her as she worked on an assignment. I made some photos and offered them to the publication along with her copy. I hope they use a few of them. I also took some photos of Monisha on the train for her to use in her book/social media.
The THOTS Kickstarter campaign has definitely stalled. There is a 99% chance the campaign won’t succeed, unless an unlikely miracle occurs in the next 5 days. Right now, we’re at $4,333. The goal is $12. I have some thoughts about the experience, which I’ll share in a postmortem soon.
I’ve received some proof copies (paperback, black and white) from various manufacturers. I hope to get a scaled down print version (paperback, black and white) out and online before November.
The week ahead
Watch the THOTS campaign end with a whimper, and begin compiling my reflections on the topic. Re-locate the North Star and ensure the boat is heading in the right direction.
Things I still need to do:
- remix and publish the Personal Landscapes interview on TWW
- finalize the paperback, black and white version when proofs arrive
- rewrite/format the THOTS page on my personal site’s books area (link to AI and Amazon)
- do the bookplate landing page, redirect permalink
- book TWW guests
- THOTS postmortem
- schedule Zoom with J.R. to discuss the AXMU book proposal
- fix the css/formatting issues on the Creator’s Log category page (and add nav links to the single post pages)
- look into reformatting these task lists in css
- look into adding categories to the metadata of entries in this website’s archive page